Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Trash the Dress

Why hello blog...it's been a while! I have a million excuses as to why I have not been updating but I am going to just start fresh!

A couple of weeks ago, I had two girls contact me to do a Trash the Dress. I thought everyone knew what this was but they had a lot of comments on their facebook wall that said otherwise. So I guess I should start with an explanation of what it is. It is basically a photo shoot where you put your wedding dress back on after the wedding and do things in it your wouldn't do on your wedding day to get a good picture. Many brides are opting to do this in lieu of preserving their dress in hopes that their daughters may one day want to wear it for their own wedding. It is also a great time to change your wedding day look with fun accessories, funky shoes, amazing hair pieces, ect. These were so much fun to do! The girls gave me total creative control so I picked a marsh (interesting to say the least) and gave the girls some funky black accessories. LOVE the way these turned out!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

These plants had needles on the end of them...she was very brave to lay down in them!

Photobucket

I hope it was worth it!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I wish I had a video outtake of this shot....getting her in this tree hanging over the water was HILARIOUS!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Email me at kristin [at] kristinmizophoto [dot] com if you are interested in doing a session like this. We don't have to actually trash your dress...just get really cool pictures that you can enjoy forever! Both girls were able to clean their dresses! It doesn't have to be just you either, you can include your husband too if you want!

1 comment:

-TK- said...

Love LOVE these!

 
weddings photographer